HONG KONG, Dec. 15, 2014 /CNW/ – CNOOC Limited (the “Company”, NYSE: CEO, SEHK: 00883, TSX: CNU) today announced that its Liuhua 34-2 gas field has commenced production.
The Liuhua 34-2 gas field is located in the Eastern South China Sea with the water depth in the range of 850 to 1,250 meters. The gas field consists of one producing well and shares the existing facilities of Liwan 3-1 gas field for overall development. The gas field is producing approximately 30 million cubic feet per day and expected to reach its ODP designed peak production of approximately 45 million cubic feet per day in 2015.
CNOOC Limited has a 51% working interest in Liuhua 34-2 gas field, while Husky Oil China Limited holds the remaining 49% working interest and acts as the operator.
Notes to Editors:
More information about the Company is available at http://www.cnoocltd.com.
*** *** *** ***
This press release includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding expected future events, business prospectus or financial results. The words “expect”, “anticipate”, “continue”, “estimate”, “objective”, “ongoing”, “may”, “will”, “project”, “should”, “believe”, “plans”, “intends” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are based on assumptions and analysis made by the Company in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that the Company believes reasonable under the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will meet the Company’s expectations and predictions depends on a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause the actual results, performance and financial conditions to differ materially from the Company’s expectations, including those associated with fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas prices, the exploration or development activities, the capital expenditure requirements, the business strategy, whether the transactions entered into by the Company can complete on schedule pursuant to its timetable or at all, the highly competitive nature of the oil and natural gas industries, the foreign operations, environmental liabilities and compliance requirements, and economic and political conditions in the People’s Republic of China. For a description of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see the documents the Company has filed from time to time with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including the 2012 Annual Report on Form 20-F filed on April 24, 2013.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements. The Company cannot assure that the results or developments anticipated will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected effect on the Company, its business or operations.
*** *** *** ***
SOURCE CNOOC Limited
For further information: For further enquiries, please contact: Ms. Michelle Zhang, Deputy Manager, Media / Public Relations, CNOOC Limited, Tel: +86-10-8452-6642, Fax: +86-10-8452-1441, E-mail: MR@cnooc.com.cn; Ms. Cathy Zhang, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Asia, Tel: +852-2894 6211, Fax: +852-2576 1990, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org