TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Sept. 23, 2015) – The Ontario Energy Association (OEA) has appointed Mr. David McFadden as Chair and Mr. Anthony Haines as Vice-Chair of OEA Board of Directors. In addition, the OEA has elected a new Board of Directors for 2015-2016. All changes took effect at the close of the OEA Annual General Meeting on September 16, 2015.
“It is a privilege to be elected the new OEA Chair. I am eager to continue working on the various advocacy efforts which the OEA is pursuing. The coming year, like all years, will have a number of significant changes and challenges covering everything from mergers, acquisitions and privatizations to the proposed cap and trade system,” said McFadden. “I know that our Association is ready to tackle the challenges which lie ahead. The OEA will continue to work to ensure that the voice of the energy industry is heard.”
Prior to his appointment as OEA Chair, Mr. McFadden served as OEA Vice-Chair and was named the 2013 OEA Leader of the Year. Mr. Haines had previously served as a Director on the OEA Board of Directors and was named 2014 OEA Leader of the Year.
“I look forward to working with Incoming Chair David McFadden and our new Board in continuing the advocacy efforts at the OEA,” said Bob Huggard, OEA President and CEO. “David is an experienced and astute leader and I am grateful the Board will be able to tap into his vast knowledge of the sector as we unravel complex energy challenges, together.”
2015-2016 OEA Board of Directors:
- Chair: David McFadden, Counsel, Gowlings LLP
- Vice-Chair: Anthony Haines, President & CEO, Toronto Hydro Corporation
- Steve Baker, President, Union Gas Ltd.
- Glenn Beaumont, President, Enbridge Gas Distribution
- Max Cananzi, President & CEO, Horizon Utilities Corporation
- Steve Clark, Senior Vice-President, Canadian and Eastern U.S. Gas Pipelines, TransCanada Pipelines Ltd.
- Bryce Conrad, President & CEO, Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
- Rachel Ingram, Legal Counsel, Rodan Energy Solutions
- Maxime Lanctôt, Vice-President, Commercial Development, Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P.
- Rob Lister, President & CEO, Oakville Enterprises Corporation
- Colin Macdonald, Senior Vice-President, Regulatory Affairs and Customer Service, PowerStream Inc.
- Tim Smitheman, Manager, Government and Public Relations, Samsung Renewable Energy
- Al Wiley, Vice-President, Development Canada/Northeast U.S., NextEra Energy Canada, ULC
OEA Board of Directors biographical information can be viewed at this link:
About the OEA: The Ontario Energy Association (OEA) aspires to be the most credible and trusted voice of the energy sector. We earn our reputation by being an integral and influential part of energy policy development and decision-making in Ontario. We represent Ontario’s energy leaders that span the full diversity of the energy industry. Together, we are working to build a stronger energy future for Ontario.
Manager, Marketing & Communications