idge developments in the U.K.
Exploration and Appraisal
Approximately 13 percent of the capital budget is allocated toward the company’s exploration and appraisal program. Approximately 60 percent is allocated toward conventional exploration, with the remaining 40 percent targeting unconventional opportunities.
- In conventional exploration, funding will support an operated drilling program in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as continuing appraisal of several discoveries at Coronado, Shenandoah and Tiber. Internationally, ConocoPhillips will begin its operated drilling program offshore Angola, where a four well program is scheduled to begin in 2014. Drilling is also scheduled to commence offshore Senegal by mid-2014. Additional conventional activity is planned for appraisal drilling in the U.K. at Clair and at Australia’s Browse Basin.
- In unconventional exploration, capital will be targeted toward liquids-rich shale plays in the Lower 48 and Canada. Exploration and appraisal activity will focus on the Niobrara and Permian in the Lower 48, and the Canol, Duvernay and Montney plays in Canada. Internationally, unconventional exploration spending will be directed toward Colombia, Poland and China.
ConocoPhillips will provide further details on its 2014 outlook during the upcoming fourth-quarter conference call, currently scheduled for Jan. 30, 2014. Additionally, the company will provide further details on its investment programs at its annual analyst meeting on April 10, 2014 in New York, where representatives from company management will discuss the company’s strategic plans for growth and value creation.
— # # # —
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 29 countries, $55 billion in annualized revenue, $120 billion of total assets, and approximately 18,000 employees as of Sept. 30, 2013. Production from continuing operations averaged 1,511 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2013, and proved reserves were 8.6 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2012. For more information, go to www.conocophillips.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE “SAFE HARBOR” PROVISIONS OF THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995
This news release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements relate to future events and anticipated results of operations, business strategies, and other aspects of our operations or operating results. In many cases you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “anticipate,” “estimate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” “expect,” “objective,” “projection,” “forecast,” “goal,” “guidance,” “outlook,” “effort,” “target” and other similar words. However, the absence of these words does not mean that the statements are not forward-looking. Where, in any forward-looking statement, the company expresses an expectation or belief as to future results, such expectation or belief is expressed in good faith and believed to have a reasonable basis. However, there can be no assurance that such expectation or belief will result or be achieved. The actual results of operations can and will be affected by a variety of risks and other matters including, but not limited to, changes in commodity prices; changes in expected levels of oil and gas reserves or production; operating hazards, drilling risks, unsuccessful exploratory activities; difficulties in developing new products and manufacturing processes; unexpected cost increases; international monetary conditions; potential liability for remedial actions under existing or future environmental regulations; potential liability resulting from pending or future litigation; limited access to capital or significantly higher cost of capital related to illiquidity or uncertainty in the domestic or international financial markets; and general domestic and international economic and political conditions; as well as changes in tax, environmental and other laws applicable to our business. Other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements include other economic, business, competitive and/or regulatory factors affecting our business generally as set forth in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Unless legally required, ConocoPhillips undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.