HONG KONG, March 9, 2015 /CNW/ — CNOOC Limited (the “Company”, NYSE: CEO, SEHK: 00883, TSX: CNU) today announced that its Qinhuangdao 32-6 comprehensive adjustment project has commenced production.
The Qinhuangdao 32-6 oilfield is located at the central north of Bohai Bay with an average water depth of approximately 20 meters. The main production facilities of Qinhuangdao 32-6 comprehensive adjustment project include 4 platforms and 99 producing wells. This project is fully on-stream and expected to reach its ODP designed peak production of approximately 36 thousand barrels per day in 2015.
CNOOC Limited has 75.5% working interest in Qinhuangdao 32-6 comprehensive adjustment project and acts as the operator, while its partner, Chevron China Energy Company holds the remaining 24.5% working interest.
Notes to Editors:
More information about the Company is available at http://www.cnoocltd.com.
This press release includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding expected future events, business prospectus or financial results. The words “expect”, “anticipate”, “continue”, “estimate”, “objective”, “ongoing”, “may”, “will”, “project”, “should”, “believe”, “plans”, “intends” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are based on assumptions and analyses made by the Company in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors the Company believes are appropriate under the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will meet the expectations and predictions of the Company depends on a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause the actual results, performance and financial condition to differ materially from the Company’s expectations, including those associated with fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas prices, the exploration or development activities, the capital expenditure requirements, the business strategy, whether the transactions entered into by the Group can complete on schedule pursuant to its terms and timetable or at all, the highly competitive nature of the oil and natural gas industries, the foreign operations, environmental liabilities and compliance requirements, and economic and political conditions in the People’s Republic of China. For a description of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see the documents the Company files from time to time with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including the 2013 Annual Report on Form 20-F filed on April 17, 2014.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements. The Company cannot assure that the results or developments anticipated will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected effect on the Company, its business or operations.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Zhang
Deputy Manager, Media / Public Relations
Ms. Cathy Zhang
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Asia
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qinhuangdao-32-6-comprehensive-adjustment-project-commences-production-300047217.html
SOURCE CNOOC Limited