EDMONTON, ALBERTA–(Marketwired – March 18, 2015) – World Heavy Oil Congress, the leading forum for the international heavy oil community, will welcome more than 1,000 delegates to Edmonton’s Shaw Conference Centre from Tuesday, March 24 to Thursday, March 26, 2015.
World Heavy Oil Congress offers delegates from 20 countries around the world a platform to network, connect and learn about the heavy oil community in both emerging and established markets. This year’s timely theme ‘Producing More with Less’ provides a unique forum for business and technical thought-leaders to address the economic, commercial, regulatory, geo-political and technical issues related to the global heavy oil supply chain.
“Since its inception in 2006, World Heavy Oil Congress has grown into the globe’s largest gathering of heavy oil professionals,” said Miki Reeder, Vice President, Energy, dmg :: events, organizers of the event. “This year’s theme is extremely timely, offering delegates the opportunity to discuss the global opportunities and challenges facing the heavy oil sector.”
Over the three days, delegates will converge to attend the business and technical conference, offering attendees the opportunity to listen to presentations from renowned keynote speakers, participate in educative workshops and networking events, and engage with exhibitioners from around the world.
Key highlights and notable speakers of the 2015 Congress include:
- Mayor Don Iveson, City of Edmonton
- Mark Little, EVP Upstream, Suncor Energy
- Gustavo Hernandez-Garcia, Director General and CEO, Pemex Exploration & Production
- John Gorman, Area Vice President (Canada), Halliburton
- Duke du Plessis, Senior Adviser, Energy Technologies, Alberta Innovates – Energy and Environment Solutions
- Exhibitions will include representation from companies such as Halliburton, Nalco Champion, Natural Resources Canada, Canmet ENERGY – Devon, WorleyParsons, and many more.
- Official Congress Stakeholders include the City of Edmonton, CNOOC, PeruPetro, and Suncor Energy.
The Business Conference will take place on Tuesday, March 24 and will feature key operators and service companies that will address the economic and environmental concerns facing the energy industry. This will be followed by the Technical Conference on Wednesday, March 25 and Thursday, March 26, where attendees will learn about groundbreaking techniques and solutions in the heavy oil industry. The World Heavy Oil Congress exhibition is open on:
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015 from 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 from 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 from 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation prior to by registering through the Press Registration portal at www.worldheavyoilcongress.com. For onsite registration, please visit the Press Office located in Room 5 on the Meeting Level of the Shaw Conference Centre. Photo identification for all media is required. For further event information and to inquire about attendance, visit http://worldheavyoilcongress.com/.
Primary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations, Inc.
403.538.5641 ext. 102
Secondary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations, Inc.
403.538.5641 ext. 109