PARIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Regulatory News:
Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY) was awarded by Shell Offshore Inc. (“Shell”) a contract for the development of subsea infrastructure for the Stones project. Included in the service are two subsea production tie-backs to the Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. The Stones field is located in the Walker Ridge area in the US Gulf of Mexico, at a water depth of 2,930 meters along the pipelay route.
The contract covers:
- engineering of the required second pipeline end terminations (PLETs),
- fabrication of the PLETs and piles,
- installation of the subsea production system(1), inclusive of associated project management, engineering and stalk fabrication.
Technip will leverage its integrated approach in the subsea business. Its operating center in Houston, Texas, USA, will perform the overall project management. The flowlines will be welded at Technip’s spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama, USA. The offshore installation is scheduled to be performed by the Deep Blue, the Group’s flagship vessel for deepwater pipelay.
Technip offers engineering capabilities in executing ultra-deepwater installation projects with continued cost effective solutions for its clients.
(1)The production system is comprised of dual 8-inch insulated flowlines associated with PLETs involving a manifold and associated suction piles being installed as part of this system.
Fast facts about subsea products
– Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
– Pipeline end termination (PLET): a subsea structure which connects rigid flowline and flexible riser.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 37,500 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY) as American Depositary Receipts.