FORT WORTH, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) celebrated a year of industry excellence and achievement in 2015, with AAPL members across the country as well as multiple association programs and publications receiving honors for their impact within America’s oil and gas industry.
“AAPL members are committed to being leaders not only in their fields but in their communities, elevating the land profession through continual education, volunteerism and adherence to AAPL’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice,” said AAPL President Marc Strahn, CPL. “Through NAPE, our publications and members services, AAPL is equally dedicated to providing unparalleled value to our members and industry at large.”
The Who’s Who in Energy Awards, a partnership between American City Business Journals publications in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh and San Antonio, named 30 AAPL members as leaders in their local energy markets. Honorees included:
- Aaron Smith (Pittsburgh) – Holland Services;
- Alan Morgan, CPL (Houston) – Remora Oil Company;
- Bruce Rudoy (Pittsburgh) – Babst Calland;
- Bryan Gaudin (Dallas) – Holland Services;
- Corey Wehmeyer (San Antonio) – Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer PC;
- Cranford D. Newell Jr., CPL (Denver) – Robert L. Bayless Producer LLC;
- Donald Hueske (Houston) – Steptoe & Johnson PLLC;
- Duane D. Fadness, CPL (Denver) – Liberty Resources II LLC;
- Dwight Howes (Pittsburgh) – Reed Smith LLP;
- Jack Luellen (Denver) – Fox Rothschild LLP;
- James Truss (San Antonio) – Dykema Cox Smith;
- Jeanine Piskurich, CPL (Houston) – BP America Production Co.;
- Jon Ray (San Antonio) – Winstead PC;
- Joseph Dewoody (Dallas) – Cleark Fork Royalty;
- Katy Pier Moore (San Antonio) – Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer PC;
- Keith Zabela (Pittsburgh) – Burleson LLP;
- Kendor Jones (Denver) – Welborn Sullivan Meck & Tooley PC;
- Kevin Dickerson, CPL (Dallas-Fort Worth) – Orange Energy Corp.;
- Lawrence Brudy (Pittsburgh) – Lawrence D. Brudy & Associates Inc.;
- Leon Hirsch, CPL (Houston) – Woodside Energy (USA) Inc.;
- Lynn Hendrix, RPL (Denver) – Bryan Cave LLP;
- Matt Meagher (Denver) – Meagher Energy Advisors Inc.;
- Paul Santoyo (San Antonio) – Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer PC;
- Phillip Glyptis (Pittsburgh) – Steptoe & Johnson PLLC;
- Reagan Marble (San Antonio) – Dykema Cox Smith;
- Renee Anderson (Pittsburgh) – Tucker Arensberg PC;
- Richard B. Hemingway Jr. (Houston) – Thompson & Knight LLP;
- Rick Gillette (Pittsburgh) – Purple Land Management;
- Sharon Flanery (Pittsburgh) – Steptoe & Johnson PLLC; and
- Timothy McKeen (Pittsburgh) – Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
The Houston Business Journal also named Piskurich as an honoree in its “Women in Energy Leadership” awards.
In October, the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO) honored Dickerson and Piskurich as “Best Landmen” at the Texas Top Producers Awards, along with:
- Steve Creger, CPL – Swift Energy; and
- Elizabeth Moses – Diamondback Energy
The new brand for NAPE, the largest oil and gas prospect expo in the U.S., garnered honors in both the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) 2015 Art of the Show awards and the 2015 MARCOM Awards by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP). The NAPE rebranding campaign, website and promotional brochures received Gold designations in the MARCOM awards and honorable mentions from IAEE.
AAPL’s Ambassador Toolkit also received a Gold designation from the 2015 MARCOM Awards, while the 2014 Annual Report and Landman magazine received honorable mentions.
About the American Association of Professional Landmen
The American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) unites more than 17,000 landmen and land-related energy professionals throughout 44 affiliated local associations in the United States and in Canada. AAPL’s mission is to promote the highest standards of performance for land professionals and to encourage sound stewardship of energy and mineral resources. AAPL serves as the voice of the land professional to encourage fairness and honesty in negotiations that work in the best interest of all parties, wise utilization of natural resources and responsible employment of the land’s surface. Visit Landman.org or AAPL’s public awareness website, AmericasLandman.com, to learn more.