DUBLIN, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ —
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jkd4bt/global) has announced the addition of the “Global Transformer Oil Market Opportunities and Forecast, 2014 – 2020” report to their offering.
The global transformer oil sales to reach $3.4 billion by 2020, with the mineral oil-based transformer oil segment to maintain its dominance until 2020.
Transformer oils are electrical insulating oils stable at high temperature, which serves two important functions in a transformer, viz., suppression of arcing and dissipation of heat generated in the transformer. The ability of transformer oil to fulfil these functions are chiefly responsible for its adoption, and thus drives the market growth. Other important factors stimulating its growth include electrification of rural areas, expansion of power grids and increasing investment in the power sector. However, factors such as volatility in crude oil prices and increasing adoption of dry transformers are expected to hamper the market growth.
Mineral oil-based transformer oil dominates the market while bio-based is projected to be the fastest growing segment. Bio-based transformer oil has emerged as an alternative for crude oil-based transformer oil, owing to its biodegradability, high dielectric strength, and low toxic risk & less carbon foot prints. Silicone transformer oil is the second fastest growing segment caused by its increasing demand as a fire safe and eco-friendly alternative to traditional transformer oil.
Distribution transformers segment dominates the global transformer oil market, accounting for nearly half of the overall market, in terms of volume. The key factors responsible for this dominance is increase in energy usage coupled with increasing number of subtransmission lines to residential homes.
Key findings of the study
– Mineral oil-based transformers segment accounted for more than 90% of the market in 2015 and is expected to maintain this trend until 2020.
– LAMEA is anticipated to be the fastest growing regional market with a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period.
– Bio-oil based transformers segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 12.4% from 2015 to 2020.
– In the mineral-oil based transformers market, paraffinic based oil contributed three-fifths share of the market.
– The U.S. accounts for the largest share in the North America transformer oil market.
– Asia-Pacific is expected to maintain its dominance through 2020, due to increasing demand for electricity in densely populated countries such as India and China, expansion of grid infrastructure and increasing investments in the power sector. C
The prominent players profiled in this report, include Nynas AB, Ergon, Inc., PetroChina Company Limited, Apar Industries Limited, Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P., Sinopec Corporation, Hydrodec Group Plc, Cargill Incorporated, Engen Petroleum Limited, Valvoline, San Joaquin Refining Co., Inc., and Gandhar Oil Refinery India Limited.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jkd4bt/global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets