CALGARY, ALBERTA–(Marketwired – March 1, 2016) –
All financial figures are in Canadian dollars
Gibson Energy Inc. (“Gibsons” or the “Company”) (TSX:GEI) announced today a dividend increase and operating and financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2015.
- Announced earlier today, the Company’s Board of Directors approved a 3% increase to its quarterly dividend to $0.33 per common share. This dividend is payable on April 15, 2016 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 31, 2016;
- Segment Profit(1) of $112 million in the fourth quarter of 2015 contributed to total annual performance of $419 million in 2015. These fourth quarter and annual results reflect resiliency in the face of severe industry headwinds and include strong contributions from our Terminals & Pipelines and Propane and NGL Marketing and Distribution segments, which benefited from capital spending initiatives and rail car fleet capacity enhancements;
- Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA(2) was $390 million in 2015;
- Distributable Cash Flow(3) generated in 2015 was $220 million ($1.75 per share(4)) while dividends declared during the period were $161 million ($1.28 per share(4)), resulting in a dividend payout ratio of 73%;
- Capital expenditures were $393 million in 2015, of which $346 million was related to growth initiatives. Growth capital expenditures were primarily for the expansion of terminal storage, pipeline connections and oilfield waste processing infrastructure at the Company’s facilities;
- On December 1, 2015, the Company successfully commissioned its connectivity enhancement project at the Hardisty Terminal related to the twinning of the Athabasca pipeline connection; and
- On December 9, 2015, the Company announced its growth capital expenditure plans for 2016, which offers ample flexibility, with a range of spending between $200 million and $300 million.
“Gibsons’ fourth quarter results cap a challenging year for the Company, but also highlight certain key strengths of our operation including the value of our diversified portfolio. We generated cash flow levels that were in line with our expectations, as excellent results in our Terminals & Pipelines segment were offset by weakness in some of our more activity-sensitive businesses. Our strategy to focus organic growth capital towards infrastructure projects has proven to offer our shareholders a steady and predictable cash flow stream in today’s volatile environment,” said Stewart Hanlon, Gibsons’ President and Chief Executive Officer. “Looking forward, we recognize the continued challenges many of our customers face and we expect to see further reductions in capital spent on shorter cycle time investments. While we do not expect industry conditions to recover in the near term, there is growing evidence that oil supply and demand fundamentals will re-align within our planning horizon. In the interim, we have driven meaningful cost efficiencies into our business and we have good visibility to the cash flow growth associated with our capital projects that are currently underway. This outlook provided us the comfort to modestly increase our quarterly dividend as we continue to deliver an attractive total return to Gibsons’ shareholders, while maintaining a strong balance sheet.”
|(1)||Segment Profit is defined as revenue minus (i) cost of sales; and (ii) operating costs. It excludes depreciation, amortization, impairment charges, stock based compensation and corporate expenses.|
|(2)||Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA is defined in Gibsons’ Management’s Discussion and Analysis.|
|(3)||Distributable Cash Flow is defined in Gibsons’ Management’s Discussion and Analysis.|
|(4)||Per share amounts are based on basic weighted average common shares outstanding.|
Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements
The 2015 Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Consolidated Financial Statements provide a detailed explanation of Gibsons’ operating results for the year ended December 31, 2015, as compared to the year ended December 31, 2014. These documents are available at www.gibsons.com and at www.sedar.com.
2015 Fourth Quarter and Year End Results Conference Call
A conference call to discuss Gibsons’ fourth quarter and year end results will be held at 9:00 a.m. MT (11:00 a.m. ET) on Wednesday, March 2, 2016, for interested investors, analysts and media representatives.
The conference call dial-in numbers are:
- 866-696-5910 from Canada and the US
- 416-340-2217 from Toronto and International
- Participant Pass Code: 1158922 #
Shortly after the call, an audio archive will be posted on the Investor/News section at www.gibsons.com. The call will also be recorded and available for playback 60 minutes after the meeting end time, until May 4, 2016, using the following dial in process:
- 905-694-9451 / 800-408-3053
- Pass code: 3076830#
Gibsons is a large independent midstream energy company with operations across major producing regions throughout North America. Gibsons is engaged in the movement, storage, blending, processing, marketing and distribution of crude oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, water, oilfield waste, and refined products. The Company transports energy products by utilizing its integrated network of terminals, pipelines, storage tanks, and trucks located throughout western Canada and through its significant truck transportation and injection station network in the United States. Gibsons also provides emulsion treating, water disposal and oilfield waste management services in Canada and the United States and is the second largest industrial propane distribution company in Canada. The Company’s integrated operations allow it to participate across the full midstream energy value chain, from the hydrocarbon producing regions in Canada and the United States, through the Company’s strategically located terminals in Hardisty and Edmonton, Alberta, and injection stations and small terminals in the United States, to the end user or refineries of North America.