One of the few U.S.-based energy companies to pursue this degree of disclosure voluntarily
PITTSBURGH–(BUSINESS WIRE)–EQT Corporation released its new online 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report “Bridging Growth & Success,” which chronicles the Company’s performance during fiscal year 2016. The report covers key areas of corporate sustainability, including environmental stewardship, economic impact, social responsibility, and safety. In tandem with EQT’s focus on sustainable and responsible operations, this year’s full report will be ‘paperless’ and available in its entirety online. In the Company’s quest to minimize environmental impacts, the only printed report available is a streamlined overview titled ‘2017 CSR Executive Summary.’
Highlights of EQT’s 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report include:
- EQT greatly increased its use of recycled water in 2016 and, due to a reduction in hydraulic fracturing, was able to utilize a majority of recycled water to complete operations.
- Due to increasing its use of wastewater by 20 million gallons from recycling plants and other producers, EQT was able to decrease its overall freshwater withdrawal.
- As a founding partner of the Center for Responsible Shale Development (CRSD; previously the Center for Sustainable Shale Development), EQT is proud that, in March 2016, our Appalachian Basin operations were certified by the CRSD based on all 15 performance standards that incorporate community needs and environmental protection.
- In 2016, EQT activities generated $481 million in state and local tax revenues, supporting state and local community programs across our operating region.
- In addition to employment contributions of 1,809 direct employees, we supported an estimated 32,400 ancillary jobs throughout our operations in 2016.
- EQT provided $4.6 billion in value-added contributions to the U.S. Gross Domestic Product.
- In 2016, nearly 80 percent of EQT’s procurement budget went to suppliers physically located in or near the city or state where our activities take place.
- EQT invested more than $14 million in communities throughout the Company’s operating area – of that amount, EQT Foundation awarded nearly $6.2 million in grants and donations to support local communities in 2016.
- The overall amount also includes approximately $7.1 million in road and associated infrastructure improvement in affected communities in Pennsylvania and West Virginia in 2016, where the majority of EQT’s activities take place.
- EQT reported year-over-year reductions in four key safety areas:
- Preventable Vehicle Accidents improved by 9.6%
- Days Away, Restricted, or Transferred improved by 12.3%
- Lost Time Accidents improved by 16.7%
- OSHA Recordable Rates improved by 7.3%
Since 2012, EQT Corp. has published annual sustainability reports in accordance with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines to demonstrate its commitment to transparency and accountability in its operations. EQT is one of the few U.S.-based energy companies to pursue this degree of disclosure voluntarily – significantly enhancing EQT’s transparency to our various stakeholders regarding the Company’s safe and responsible operations and commitment to continuous improvement.
About EQT Corporation:
EQT Corporation is an integrated energy company with emphasis on Appalachian area natural gas production, gathering, and transmission. With more than 125 years of experience, EQT continues to be a leader in the use of advanced horizontal drilling technology – designed to minimize the potential impact of drilling-related activities and reduce the overall environmental footprint. Through safe and responsible operations, the Company is committed to meeting the country’s growing demand for clean-burning energy, while continuing to provide a rewarding workplace and enrich the communities where its employees live and work. EQT also owns a 90% limited partner interest in EQT GP Holdings, LP. EQT GP Holdings, LP owns the general partner interest, all of the incentive distribution rights, and a portion of the limited partner interests in EQT Midstream Partners, LP.
Visit EQT Corporation at www.EQT.com.