With the future of NAFTA still uncertain, the imposition of new U.S. “safeguard” tariffs and Canada’s surtax countermeasures, the issue of customs duties and tariffs is at the top of every oil & gas company’s corporate tax and supply chain planning agendas.
Join BDO Canada’s leading customs and international trade expert Charmaine Goddeeris, and special guest speaker Damon V. Pike, President of Global Trade Strategies, Inc. (a BDO Alliance USA member firm), for a one-hour webinar reviewing the implications of President Trump’s trade policy on the oil and gas sector, and the steps businesses should take now to mitigate exposure.
Topics to be reviewed include:
- The “Customs Triangle” of tariff classification, valuation, origin
- NAFTA rules for Canadian exporters
- Canadian government response measures to tariffs
- NAFTA rules for US importers
- Trump’s trade policy and Section 310 (Chinese-origin) and Section 232 Tariffs (steel, aluminum) and their impact on the oil and gas industry
- Customs valuation and how to reduce exposure to duties and tariffs
- Where NAFTA negotiations are heading from both a Canadian and US perspective
You will also have the opportunity to participate in the live Q&A session or have your questions answered confidentially.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
TIME (Mountain Standard)
12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. | Webinar
12:45 p.m. to 1 p.m. | Live Q&A session
Reserve your spot today! Click here to register online.