There’s still time to join the SPE/CHOA Slugging It Out Conference taking place 16 April 2019. If you’re part of the heavy oil community, then this valuable, one-day conference is the place to be to learn, share, connect, and network.
Highlights of the day’s events include:
- An Opening Keynote presentation discussing Rail’s Role in Accessing the Market, featuring Keith Chiasson, Executive Vice President Downstream, Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Technical presentations from Acceleware, Aucerna, Cenovus, CNOOC International, ConocoPhillips, Devon Canada, Fractal Systems, Interface Fluidics, McDaniel & Associates Consultants, and the University of Calgary.
- A networking reception that follows the event.
Presentations will focus on smart optimization, new technology – upstream production enhancement and downstream market solutions, project updates and field demonstration pilots. View the full schedule online to see speaker and presentation details.
SPONSORSHIP and TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE:
Increase your company’s exposure to a focused group of key decision-makers in the oil and gas industry by sponsoring this event. The Technology Showcase is an opportunity for service companies, vendors, and consultants to display their technologies. The Showcase consists of table-top exhibits setup in the networking area of the conference. Learn more about all sponsorship opportunities.
Add to your conference experience by attending the SPE Training Course: Sand Control for Heavy Oil Development taking place before the event.
Instructors: Mahdi Mahmoudi, Jeff Cyre, and Vahid Fattahpour
Monday, 15 April | 08:00–17:00
This course reviews fundamental sand control design for heavy oil development with a focus on cold primary production and thermal application. Learn more
- Thermal design concepts
- Understanding the failure mechanisms of sand control products and the best practices in design, installation, and operation
- Mechanical integrity of sand control
- Life cycle integrity assessment
- Well completion and the impact on sand control
Separate registration is required.
For more information, please contact the SPE Canada office via phone at 1.403.930.5454 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.