• Sign up for the Daily Digest E-mail
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • See more results

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

BOE Report

Sign up

See more results

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
  • Home
  • StackDX Intel
  • Headlines
    • Latest Headlines
    • Featured Companies
    • Columns
    • Discussions
  • Well Activity
    • Well Licences
    • Well Activity Map
  • Property Listings
  • Land Sales
  • M&A Activity
    • M&A Database
    • AER Transfers
  • Markets
  • Rig Counts/Data
    • CAOEC Rig Count
    • Baker Hughes Rig Count
    • USA Rig Count
    • Data
      • Canada Oil Market Data
      • Canada NG Market Data
      • USA Market Data
      • Data Downloads
  • Jobs

Alberta government seeking $1.3 billion from U.S. over cancelled Keystone XL pipeline

February 9, 202210:20 AM The Canadian Press0 Comments

Keystone XL pipe

CALGARY – Alberta is seeking $1.3 billion in compensation from the U.S. government in the wake of President Joe Biden’s cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline’s permit.

The provincial government says it has filed a notice of intent to launch a claim under legacy rules tied to the old North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA.

The proposed Keystone XL pipeline had been the subject of a decade-plus battle that pitted the energy industry against environmentalists.

Biden revoked the permit for Keystone XL shortly after his inauguration last year.

Calgary-based TC Energy, the company behind the proposed pipeline, filed a similar claim in July seeking US$15 billion, after formally cancelling the project and taking a $2.2-billion writedown.

The Alberta government had invested in the project and was left on the hook for $1.3 billion when it was cancelled.

Keystone XL TC Energy

Follow BOE Report
  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn

Sign up for the BOE Report Daily Digest E-mail

Successfully subscribed

Latest Headlines
  • Iran has not decided to resume US talks, says Hormuz shipping depends on US meeting conditions
  • Iran defiant on strait as Trump tells Americans to accept high gas prices
  • UAE’s ADNOC says one of its vessels came under attack while transiting Hormuz
  • Iran’s deputy foreign minister says won’t be intimidated by US threats after Trump’s statements on Hormuz
  • Peyto Exploration & Development Corp. Confirms Monthly Dividend for September 15, 2026

Return to Home
Alberta GasMonthly Avg.
CAD/GJ
Market Data by TradingView

    Report Error







    Note: The page you are currently on will be sent with your report. If this report is about a different page, please specify.

    About
    • About BOEReport.com
    • In the News
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Editorial Policy
    Resources
    • Widgets
    • Notifications
    • Daily Digest E-mail
    Get In Touch
    • Advertise
    • Post a Job
    • Contact
    • Report Error
    StackDX
    • BOE Report Jobs
    • StackDX Intel
    © 2026 Stack Technologies Ltd.