• Sign up for the Daily Digest E-mail
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • See more results

    Generic selectors
    Exact matches only
    Search in title
    Search in content
    Post Type Selectors

BOE Report

Sign up

See more results

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
  • Home
  • StackDX Intel
  • Headlines
    • Latest Headlines
    • Featured Companies
    • Columns
    • Discussions
  • Well Activity
    • Well Licences
    • Well Activity Map
  • Property Listings
  • Land Sales
  • M&A Activity
    • M&A Database
    • AER Transfers
  • Markets
  • Rig Counts/Data
    • CAOEC Rig Count
    • Baker Hughes Rig Count
    • USA Rig Count
    • Data
      • Canada Oil Market Data
      • Canada NG Market Data
      • USA Market Data
      • Data Downloads
  • Jobs

ConocoPhillips says it will cut workforce by 20-25%, shares fall

September 3, 20259:34 AM Reuters0 Comments

U.S. oil and gas producer ConocoPhillips will cut 20-25% of its workforce amid a broader restructuring program, a company spokesperson said on Wednesday.

Shares of the company were down 4.7% to around $94.

Employees received an email this morning containing a video message from CEO Ryan Lance detailing the plans, four ConocoPhillips sources told Reuters. The company is set to hold a town hall meeting on Thursday morning at 9 a.m. Central Time, the sources said.

ConocoPhillips has approximately 13,000 employees globally, meaning between 2,600 and 3,250 employees will be affected. Most of the cuts will be made before the end of the year, ConocoPhillips spokesperson Dennis Nuss said in an emailed response to Reuters.

New structure and management will be public in mid-September, and the new organization will be implemented by 2026, two of the sources said.

Oil major Chevron also announced layoffs earlier this year, as did service company SLB.

In April, two sources told Reuters that Houston-based ConocoPhillips had hired management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group to advise on the restructuring and layoff program, referred to internally as “Competitive Edge.”

ConocoPhillips’ net income shrank in the second quarter to about $2 billion, the lowest since the quarter ended March 2021, when COVID-19 had ravaged demand. The company warned of uncertainty and volatility in the markets in May, adding that it was looking to boost capital efficiency and reduce costs across the entire organization.

(Reporting by Georgina McCartney, Arathy Somasekhar and Ernest Scheyder in Houston, Shariq Khan in New York; Editing by Nathan Crooks and David Gregorio)

Chevron ConocoPhillips

Follow BOE Report
  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn

Sign up for the BOE Report Daily Digest E-mail

Successfully subscribed

Latest Headlines
  • Ensign Energy Services Inc. – Announces the Closing of the Acquisition of Citadel Drilling Ltd.
  • Whitecap Resources Inc. confirms monthly dividend for August 2026 of $0.0608 per share
  • Stalled Alaska LNG pipeline bill sends ‘negative signal,’ governor says
  • US can keep naval blockade on Iranian ports “indefinitely,” Pentagon chief says
  • Argo’s June Oil Production

Return to Home
Alberta GasMonthly Avg.
CAD/GJ
Market Data by TradingView

    Report Error







    Note: The page you are currently on will be sent with your report. If this report is about a different page, please specify.

    About
    • About BOEReport.com
    • In the News
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Editorial Policy
    Resources
    • Widgets
    • Notifications
    • Daily Digest E-mail
    Get In Touch
    • Advertise
    • Post a Job
    • Contact
    • Report Error
    StackDX
    • BOE Report Jobs
    • StackDX Intel
    © 2026 Stack Technologies Ltd.