Third Quarter Financial and Operating Highlights
- Sales volumes averaged 2,011 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOED) an increase of 21% from the third quarter 2012.
- 74 royalty wells drilled on its lands in Colorado with an average 0.6% interest per well during the nine month period, equating to 0.44 net horizontal royalty wells.
- Participated in the drilling of one successful directional test well in Colorado, which validates the merits of drilling an additional 9 gross (0.14 net) working interest low risk horizontal wells.
- Capital expenditures before dispositions totaled $1.0 million.
- The Company’s cash flow from operating activities increased to $2.54 million from $981,000 million for the third quarter of 2012, an increase of 259% year over year.
- The Company closed a flow through share private placement financing for proceeds of $2.6 million.
- Due primarily to positive hedging results the Company achieved a selling price of 111% of AECO natural gas spot price, compared to 97% and 103% for the prior quarter and comparative quarter.
- The Company closed a debt financing for gross proceeds of $3.0 million at an interest rate of 12.0% per annum maturing at the earliest of December 31, 2014 or at the date a joint venture with the holder of the debt is consummated.
- Credit facility renewed to a maximum of $21 million and in good standing at October 31.
|Three months ended
|Nine months ended
|(in thousand dollars except as otherwise indicated)|
|Revenue, before royalties and financial instruments||6,810||4,582||49||%||23,041||13,440||71||%|
|Funds from operations (1)||2,548||981||160||%||5,566||3,178||75||%|
|Basic & diluted ($/common share)||0.29||0.17||160||%||0.71||0.56||75||%|
|Basic & diluted ($/common share) (2)||-0.20||-0.11||82||%||-0.38||-0.41||-7||%|
|Capital expenditures (excluding acquisitions)||968||4,123||-77||%||5,659||11,534||-51||%|
|Net acquisitions (dispositions)||–||–||NA||4,499||–||NA|
|Working capital (deficiency)||-38,943||-6,570||493||%||-38,943||-6,570||493||%|
|Weighted average common shares outstanding|
|Basic & diluted||8,875,554||5,661,954||57||%||7,808,727||5,653,182||38||%|
Shoreline is a Calgary, Alberta based corporation engaged in the exploration, development and production of petroleum and natural gas. The Company’s common shares are currently listed on the TSX under the trading symbol “SEQ” and its debentures under the trading symbol “SEQ.DB”. Additional information regarding Shoreline is available under the Company’s profile at www.sedar.com or at the Corporation’s website, www.shorelineenergy.ca.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This news release contains forward-looking statements relating to the Corporation’s plans and other aspects of the Corporation’s anticipated future operations, strategies, financial and operating results and business opportunities. These forward-looking statements may include opinions, assumptions, estimates, management’s assessment of value, reserves, future plans and operations.
Forward-looking statements typically use words such as “will,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “project,” “should,” “plan,” and similar expressions suggesting future outcomes, and include statements that actions, events or conditions “may,” “would,” “could,” or “will” be taken or occur in the future. The forward-looking statements are based on various assumptions including expectations regarding the success of current or future drill wells; the outlook for petroleum and natural gas prices; estimated amounts and timing of capital expenditures; estimates of future production; assumptions concerning the timing of regulatory approvals; the state of the economy and the exploration and production business; results of operations; business prospects and opportunities; future exchange and interest rates; the Corporation’s ability to obtain equipment in a timely manner to carry out development activities; and the ability of the Corporation to access capital and credit. While the Corporation considers these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to it, they may prove to be incorrect.
Forward-looking statements are subject to a wide range of assumptions, known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors that contribute to the possibility that the predicted outcome will not occur, including, without limitation: risks associated with oil and gas exploration, development, exploitation, production, marketing and transportation; loss of markets; volatility of commodities prices; currency fluctuations; imprecision of reserves estimates; environmental risks; competition from other producers; inability to retain drilling rigs and other services; incorrect assessment of the value of acquisitions; failure to realize the anticipated benefits of acquisitions; general economic conditions; delays resulting from or inability to obtain required regulatory approvals and to satisfy various closing conditions; and ability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive.
Although Shoreline believes that the expectations represented by such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will be realized. As a consequence, actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements and you should not rely unduly on forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as of the date of this news release. Except as required by applicable law, Shoreline does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
Note Regarding BOEs
The term barrel of oil equivalent (“boe”) may be misleading, particularly if used in isolation. A conversion ratio for gas of 6 mcf:1 boe is based on an energy equivalency conversion method primarily applicable at the burner tip and does not represent a value equivalency at the wellhead. Given that the value ratio based on the current price of crude oil as compared to natural gas is sign ificantl gy equivalency conversion ratio of 6:1, utilizing a conversion on a 6:1 basis is misleading as an indication of value.
Mr. Trevor Folk
Chief Executive Officer
Shoreline Energy Corp.
Suite 500, 500-4th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2V6