BRISBANE, Australia, Nov. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Oniqua Intelligent MRO, the world leader in MRO spares and materials optimization for asset-intensive industries, today announced that – effective December 4th, 2015 – company co-founder and CEO Andy Hill will retire after 25 years of service. Steve Herrmann, executive vice president of marketing and alliances for Oniqua, will serve as interim CEO to ensure a smooth and successful transition during the search for Mr. Hill’s successor.
Hill, who co-founded Oniqua in 1990 and has served as CEO since its inception, is resigning his post to pursue other opportunities and interests in areas such as technology innovation, sustainability and various philanthropic endeavors.
Hill will continue to provide strategic advice and counsel to the Company on a consulting basis.
“Andy’s contributions as co-founder, subject expert and chief executive officer were a driving force in Oniqua’s growth and development over the past two and half decades,” stated Matt Thomas, chief executive officer of ASCO Australasia (parent company of Oniqua). “He has delivered significant value to Oniqua shareholders, customers and employees, and after a strong fiscal year he leaves the company on solid financial footing.
“We’re sorry to see a strong leader in Andy Hill leave us,” added Thomas, “but he’s been contemplating this move for many months and we respect his decision to retire after a long and successful run with Oniqua. On behalf of the entire management team we thank him for his long service as Oniqua’s CEO, and are grateful for his continued involvement with the Company in providing strategic counsel and guidance in an advisory capacity.”
Under Hill’s leadership, Oniqua grew from a small, regional consulting firm based in Brisbane, Australia, to an international leader in MRO optimization for asset-intensive organizations. Among the highlights of Hill’s tenure were:
- Co-founded and established Oniqua in Brisbane, Australia in 1990; now a global leader in MRO optimization
- Co-developed the original version of Oniqua Analytics Solution – the company’s flagship analytics software solution; and contributed to its ongoing development
- Cultivated customer relationships with some of the world’s leading asset-intensive companies, including BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and ConocoPhillips
- Grew the company from three consultants to over 70 employees worldwide
- Established international offices in North America, South America, South Africa and the United Kingdom
- Spearheaded Oniqua’s acquisition in 2012 by ASCO – a leading international oilfield support services company and global leader in offshore supply base management
- Recognized as Entrepreneur of the Month by CIO Review Magazine in December 2014
“I began my professional career with Rolls-Royce Aerospace in the UK,” stated Hill, “then took-off backpacking to Australia and never returned. Now it’s time to start a new chapter. I’m proud to have been a part of Oniqua’s growth and success over the years, but it wouldn’t have been possible without the entire team of talented and dedicated Oniqua employees, some of which have been with the Company almost as long as I have. I’m confident that Oniqua is well positioned for its next phase of growth and development, and I look forward to working with Steve Herrmann and the rest of the team to ensure a seamless transition.”
Oniqua is proud to serve many of the world’s largest energy and resources companies, including BHP Billiton, ConocoPhillips, Dow, BP, Newmont Mining, Rio Tinto, American Electric Power, Tennessee Valley Authority, Nebraska Public Power District and many others.
Oniqua is owned by international oilfield support services company ASCO. The company employs over 2,500 people in four key regions, and offers a wide range of services including inventory and materials management, offshore supply base management, onshore oilfield support, environmental services, personnel and training, advisory and technical services as well as fuel services.
Oniqua Intelligent MRO